Monday, May 08, 2006

Second Love....

It has been one of my long time desires to own a bike. But my parents and some friends were against it as they had fears of their own (probably they were just being over protective). Then one fine day, luck favored me when I was shifted to an office very nearby to my residence. My dad had no other go, but to get me a new bike. Hurrah!!!! I was excited. It was a long nurtured dream come true.

Within days I got a new bike, a brand new model in the market with a provoking catch-phrase. There is always a pleasure in getting something after an unpleasant hankering (atleast for me). My brother tried to lay restriction on my usage of the new bike (even after knowing about me) but in vain. Initially I was a pathetic driver… can’t blame me... driving comes with practice…

Now, when I drive my bike, I feel like a bird flying in the open skies that has no limits. It has given me the kind of independence, I always wanted. Whenever I’m low, I go for a long drive, not with any fixed destination in mind, but ofcourse with a promise of returning back!!! Driving refuels me. I get extremely happy whenever I find a smooth stretch of road ahead (though it is very rare in Chennai) and bad roads are a challenge to my driving skills.

If God were to grant me a boon, I would like to be transformed into a bird (for atleast a day) and fly across continents, over the mighty oceans, alongside dense forests, high above the mountains, tearing across boundaries, far away from the fear of unknown (future), moving haphazardly with the wind, with absolutely nothing to worry about and see the world under me.


P.S. For those who are wondering who (or what) my first love is…… keep wondering… but no need to be perplexed… it’s not a guy

13 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger Prathiba Venkatesan said...

who or what.. hmmm, feeling j now. wish i knew how to drive so that i can drive too.. but there you are my driver..he he he

 
At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who or what... u know that...

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger vasanth said...

Well discribed abt ur second love…

Driving refuels me. our countries crude oil bills are also raising… try to be a good citizen... dont waste petrol...

I know 2 secrets one of which is that u don’t have a driving license and the other is "I know abt ur first love"… he he he… give a treat or else I will tell abt that in the next comment

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger divya said...

thiru...

i have experienced that... probably that will be my next post...

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger divya said...

vasanth...

my only concern is the raising petrol prices... but not a big thing when compared to the satisfaction driving gives...

i will get a driving licence this month... hopefully... treat... i know how to blackmail u... if a say one name u will be giving me a treat... should i say that name???

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger divya said...

suren...

u don talk abt FIRE... then i'll have to write abt whats going on in eceleague... 'suren weds'...

anyway thanks for ur advice

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Prathiba Venkatesan said...

enna nadakudhu inga ? kali muthi pochu ...

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger divya said...

prathiba...

ethuvum theriyatha madiri kekera...

 
At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool sis. but still you want to take the bike after the price hike.
hmmm... so what bike do you have and where is your house .have you shifted it from chindamani.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger divya said...

hi karthick....

i got hero honda's 'pleasure'... i shifted to villivakkam on jan itseld da...

 
At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

voila !!!!!!!!!!!! there you go ..... what a great comparison between a bird and 'pleasure' ???????? ...... i guess u must have been wright brother's soeur ..........

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger divya said...

venkat....

thanks for visiting my blogspace... my pleasure is more graceful than a bird...

 
At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tell me that. I still long to own a bike after moving to Muscat. Owning a bike in muscat is a luxory.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home